Seven reasons why people volunteer
I never tire of hearing the reasons why people volunteer, and there are many. Here are seven of them…
1. Being able to use their wealth of life skills and experience after retirement
2. Because giving up some of their spare time to volunteer could bring new opportunities.
3. To build confidence and self-esteem – maybe after a setback in life.
4. To gain experience in a new area, gaining useful employability skills.
5. To meet new people and make friends.
6. To give something back to their local community.
7. To have fun!
Jean Jarvis MBE – Chief Executive of The Furniture Scheme
May 11, 2017